Thursday, May 7, 2009

Z is for zebra

We had a great time with the letter Z today. We started by turning wooden Zs into zebras. The kids painted the stripes, then we added eyes, ears, a tails and mane. I thought they came out very cute!Then we started to make our paper bag zebra puppets. The kids spent some time coloring the templates, but then they seemed to need a break so we decided to have our snack.
They all seemed to like the zucchini bread, and the girls each had two slices.
While I cut out the pieces for the puppets, I had the kids make their own little Zoo by gluing zoo animals onto paper. Some put cages around their animals and others opted for more of a free-range zoo ;)So, we finished assembling our puppets and took a picture of the group together. That marked the end of another preschool day. Having this be the last week of hostessing preschool was a little bittersweet!

2 comments:

Deanne said...

So cute! Lots of fun stuff.

Maybe we can still do little playdates or something over the summer. I'm going to miss seeing you guys so often!

Welch Mom said...

Sorry they were so wild! I guess they got into the zoo animal thing a little too much! Well all the projects looked great. And yes it has been lots of fun this year.