Friday, December 19, 2008

I is Incredible

Okay, it's probably about time I post something for the letter I.

We did lots of fun things with the letter I. We read a story with Eskimos and igloos and another story about ice and snow. We made igloos out of sugar cubes. They had fun putting them together, but they weren't as sturdy as I hoped.




We also made snowmen out of marshmallows (you know, snow goes with ice, right?).




We pretended to be archeologists (or is it paleontologists?) and dug different creatures out of ice using spoons and different things to help melt the ice, like warm water and salt.





After we warmed our fingers back up from playing in ice we dove into making ice cream in baggies. Everyone agreed that it was delicious! We ended the day with a game of Don't Break the Ice. It was a big hit. The kids were so cute as they politely took turns to hit the ice. What great kids we have! =)

No comments: