Sunday, February 8, 2009

Popcorn Popping

We made apricot trees out of yummy marshmallow popcorn. Some of us were definitely more interested in eating the popcorn than gluing it to the paper.











Recipe for marshmallow popcorn:
3/4 to 1 C butter
1/3 C sugar
1/2 C corn syrup
Boil for 1 minute
Add 1/2 bag mini marshmallows, stir till partially melted, then pour over popcorn. (3 bags of microwave popcorn is just the right amount.) Stir till thouroughly mixed.
We also made mini-pizzas, which was definitely more fun than eating them--for the kids, at least. They very much enjoyed the story of Pizza Pat and the Princess and the Pizza.

2 comments:

Deanne said...

I know I definitely enjoyed EATING the popcorn! It might be dangerous that I have the recipe now.

Thanks for having us all over. It was fun hanging out afterwards!

Welch Mom said...

Well I loved eating the pizza! And Grant found Cole's popcorn tree and was eating it too!